Working in the adult entertainment industry carries risks associated with sexually transmitted diseases (STD) and sexually transmitted infections (STI). Although not required in every state, your employer may be responsible for providing a safe work environment that could include monthly STD screening. At JustGetTested.com, you alone are the owner of your health information and only you have access to the results. We are fully compliant with federal HIPAA regulations to protect your health information. JustGetTested.com is your source for the most affordable, secure and confidential testing for STDs available on the Web.
Anyone working in the commercial sex industry where bodily fluids and blood can be transmitted are encouraged to safeguard themselves and their co-workers, clients or partners by adhering to safe sex practices. Because of the nature of the industry, typical safe sex recommendations are not practical. For example, long-term monogamous relationships with uninfected partners are the best way to avoid exposure to STDs and STIs. This is impossible for those working in the commercial sex industry. Alternative safe sex guidelines are recommended:
- Get tested monthly for STDs and STIs including HIV, chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis.
- Avoid unprotected exposure to co-workers, clients or partners if infected
- Ask your employer about using personal protective equipment such as condoms and dental dams
- Request all bodily fluids remain outside the partner's body, away from face and other entry points
- Request post-production simulation to take the place of high-risk activities that involve bodily fluids around the face or other entry points.
- Ask about post-exposure prophylaxis after possible exposure to infections such as hepatitis B and HIV.
These steps may decrease your risk of acquiring and transmitting sexually transmitted diseases and infections. Treatments are available for many STDs and should be discussed with a medical professional. Remember, at JustGetTested.com, your results are strictly confidential and only you will be given access.